I love this recipe. The blend of various vegetables on this dish taste fantastic and as it cooks it creates an aroma that fills throughout the kitchen! It is easy to make, worthy of the time and effort and very eye catching with all the different colored slices. It looks absolutely beautiful in the presentation, don't you think?
I have made it many times and it has turned out perfect every time. I have made it for brunch, weekend dinner and also many holiday meals such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is even delicious for a party or a dish to take to a picnic or potluck. It is truly a vegetable delight. For me and my family, this veggie dish is always a winner!
I have made it many times and it has turned out perfect every time. I have made it for brunch, weekend dinner and also many holiday meals such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is even delicious for a party or a dish to take to a picnic or potluck. It is truly a vegetable delight. For me and my family, this veggie dish is always a winner!
2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
1 large sweet yellow onion cut in half and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 russet potatoes, unpeeled
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
3 large Roma tomatoes
Sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Dried thyme, to taste
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F Coat a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.Add the garlic and cook for another 60 seconds. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
4. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until browned.
Recipe from For the Love of Cooking
Love this recipe, so easy to make and looks absolutely beautiful in the presentation. The flavors really mix well and complement each other, the roasting taste of the veggies is wonderful. I used Yukon golds as suggested in the cookbook a second time and it was that much better, I wrote about it in my blog on my profile page if interested. Def recommend and will make again and again.
Love this recipe, so easy to make and looks absolutely beautiful in the presentation. The flavors really mix well and complement each other, the roasting taste of the veggies is wonderful. I used Yukon golds as suggested in the cookbook a second time and it was that much better, I wrote about it in my blog on my profile page if interested. Def recommend and will make again and again.







Yay! Thank you very much for the recipe. Will definitely try this one of these days.🖒🖒
ReplyDeleteYou're very welcome and thank you, too! Please let me know how it turns out for you. =)
Delete