I first discovered this recipe by accident a few years back. I was at our local grocery store (Publix) trying to figure out what to cook for dinner that night when a cute package of Fire & Flavor Cedar Wraps caught my eye . I grabbed it, read what was it all about, and there at the back of the package was a promise of an easy salmon dish that steams to perfection, infused by subtle smoky flavor of cedar, of an Asian recipe that only calls for few ingredients. So by impulse I took it, grabbed the needed ingredients, paid the items at the counter and headed home. Oh, I tell you it was a great impulse buy.
This recipe is really tasty and it is amazing how much cedar was transferred to the salmon over a short period of time on the grill. This dish I highly recommend. So the next time you're in the grocery store and you see this pretty cedar wrapper package, give it a try.
CEDAR WRAPPED ASIAN SALMON WITH VEGETABLES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons soy sauce; divided
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1 carrot, cut into thin 6-inch strips
2 scallions, cut into thin 6-inch strips
3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
4 Fire and Flavor Cedar Wraps, soaked
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, oil and ginger in zip top plastic bag. Add salmon and toss to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.

2. In a small bowl, toss carrots, scallions and mushroom slices with remaining soy sauce.

2. In a small bowl, toss carrots, scallions and mushroom slices with remaining soy sauce.
3. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat (about 400 degrees). Remove salmon from marinade and season each fillet with salt and pepper. Place one fillet in center of each cedar wrap and top with equal amount of vegetables. Fold edges of paper over the fillets and secure with cotton string.
4. Place packets on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.

5. Remove from grill using thongs and serve.

Enjoy!

5. Remove from grill using thongs and serve.

Recipe from Fire and Flavor










No comments:
Post a Comment