4/27/2017

Rigatoni Pie

I first saw this pasta dish in a YouTube video. I was fascinated as I found it unique and worth a try, but the thought of spending lots of time standing each of the pasta up looked pretty daunting. Nevertheless, my curiosity got me. I decided to give it a try and I'm so happy I did. It may be a little labor intensive, but it's totally worth the effort. I am impressed. It is as delicious as it looks! 


RIGATONI PIE
Servings: 10

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 pound rigatoni pasta
1 cup Parmesan, grated
1 cup mozzarella, shredded

Special equipment: 
8" Springform pan

DIRECTIONS:

1. Boil the rigatoni in salted boiling water until just underdone or al dente.

2. Drain the pasta and place in a bowl with a little olive oil so the pasta doesn't stick together. Set aside.

3. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).

4. In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef.

5. Break up and stir the beef until brown.

6. Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.

7. Add in the crushed tomatoes and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.

8. Sprinkle the prepared pasta with the Parmesan cheese and mix.

9. In a springform pan, place the rigatoni noodles standing up to fill the pan.

10. Pour the sauce over the noodles and bake at 400°F/200°C for 15 minutes.

11. Sprinkle the pie with the mozzarella cheese and bake for another 15 minutes at the same temperature.

12. Slice and serve.


Enjoy!

Recipe from Buzz Feed Tasty
Zee H.
Zee H.

Zee is the face behind Gourmet Platter. Happily married and a proud mom to 2 adorable and smart boys. She loves to cook and bake for her family and friends. She lives in the beautiful suburbs of Central Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment