4/12/2017

A 20-minute Meal: Honey Garlic Shrimp

This recipe is fabulous! It is very easy and the taste is restaurant quality. I love making meals that are not so time consuming but still taste good. Aside from the yummy taste, this dish require a little effort. It is ready in less than 30 minutes! Every time I make this for my family there's nothing left on the plate, they gobble it up and left the platter empty clean. Yes, even the sauce. 

Seriously, this recipe is quick and easy to make and the flavor is incredible. This is one of the many dishes that I make again and again.

20-MINUTE HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (optional)
1 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined*
2 teaspoon olive oil
chopped green onion or sliced scallion, for garnish (optional)
parsley, for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

 1. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.

 2. Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or Tupperware.

Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours.


Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3.

  (Time saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I made rice and sauteed some veggies.)

 3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the zipped bag. Discard used marinade*. Place shrimp in the skillet.

Cook shrimp on one side until pink--about 45 seconds--then flip shrimp over.

Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.

 Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce. Garnish with green onion or scallion. The sauce is excellent on rice and/or veggies on the side.

Enjoy!

*Notes:
 You can remove the tail or leave it on, whichever you prefer.

You could use the leftover marinade, but some people say it could be a contamination risk. But you can do whatever you like. As for me I chose to discard the used marinade since I still have half of the sauce to cook along with the shrimp. 

Zee H.
Zee H.

Zee is the face behind Gourmet Platter. Happily married and a proud mom to 2 adorable and smart boys. She loves to cook and bake for her family and friends. She lives in the beautiful suburbs of Central Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment